The coordination and management of every heavy/civil project poses unique challenges. Our teams focus on minimizing inconvenience to the local community, motorists, and the public, accelerating the project schedule to meet critical milestones while exceeding owner expectations. The heavy/civil group achieves these goals on each of our projects by providing quality technical solutions, seasoned construction personnel, and organizational structure that combines strong design, construction, and management principals with competence, creativity, and flexibility.
- Cayman Utility Company & Cayman Water Authority
- Generator & Platform fabrication repair
OUR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings, bridges, and other structures.
- Cut, position, and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
- Repair older infrastructure.
- Make, weld, and cut structural metal.
- Erect steel frames.
- Direct operation of cranes to move structural steel, reinforcing bars, and other materials onto and around the construction site.
- Connect steel columns, beams, and girders.
- Drill holes into steel for bolts.
- Number steel according to assembly instructions.
- Unload and stack steel.
- Attach cables to steel and then to the crane.
- Hoist steel into place in the framework.
- Position steel with connecting bars and spud wrenches.
- Work with driftpins to align the holes in the steel with the framework holes.
- Use plumb bobs, levels, and laser equipment to check alignment.
- Bolt or weld piece into place.
- Set reinforcing bars into forms to hold concrete.
- Fasten bars together with wire.
- Place spacers under rebar to lift bars off deck.
- Cut bars with metal shears and torches.
- Reinforce concrete with welded wire fabric.
- Substitute cables for rebar.
- Tighten cables with jacking equipment.
- Install stairs, handrails, or curtain walls.
- Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary.